Saturday, October 27, 2007

Being Malay is FUN!

I'm officially MALAY for today :)

As a super mummy's boy, I hardly ever spend my nights outside.
BUT today was exceptional! I went house visiting today, sort of like Chinese New year visits, however this is different. I have a chance to experience Malay culture- how they celebrate their new year. I learnt a lot from it, and enjoyed it.
From the Chinese, do you ever know...
  • After arriving into Malays' houses, you shouldn't start eating till you're served with water or informed that you're able to consume. Otherwise, you're being rude.
  • that they have this 'bowl of water' in-between the table of snacks, that for clean of your hands before, in-between or after food.
  • that for they travel from houses to houses, and on the first day of the Hari-raya they should visit from the elder to the younger's house of the family. And on the first day, they could stay on till mid-morning.
  • that they give their 'green packets' during their departure, and not like Chinese who give their 'red packet' during the initial of the meeting. AND their 'Green packets' IS NOT RED
  • that THEY FOOD TASTE SUPER DELICIOUS!
Haha, that's what I learnt today!
More upcoming photos when ASH and MARIAM send to me!

Shadier for today :)




Serve me right for my sprain ankle!
After today I feel that I'm super clumpy; first was the fall in the lecture hall and everyone in the lecture hall, and recognise me for that; second was today's fall with the witness of new friends that witness my fall in lecture hall too.
The funny part was they reckon that I fell asleep and resulted in my fall, but what was dumber was I actually tried to pick something up and resulted in my fall. Today's joke was I tried to be superman and I fell and sprain my ankle(cross super hard my finger that it wouldn't be swollen).

This video is named My loved for AMY!
That's the reason why I said I deserved the sprain!




Turning in, stay tuned for more..

No comments: