Sunday, September 16, 2007

Stupid irksomes

If I have the power I'll turn those irksome people into stones, even if they're stones, they still curse them to have massive outbreak of pimples on the stone face.
Annoying people deserved to be punished.
This is how you look like if you irritate me.


WAHAHAHAHAHA, sick fellow!
I trusted the people to call me, and I trusted them that I'll be able to work today.
No news from them... :(

Like I said yesterday is an unproductive day for me, most of the time was spent on my computer. As I'm waiting for 终极一家 ep.16 to buffer, I still have a wee bit of time create this entry.

Is there anyone out there, who is like me, who ain't clear of abbreviations which are commonly used.
For example: I.E. and E.G.
They are often see in writing but I always thought they stand for the same thing- for example, which is not the case.

Here is something I picked up from this site.

i.e.

"I.e." stands simply for "that is," which written out fully in Latin is 'id est'.
"I.e." is used in place of "in other words," or "it/that is."
It specifies or makes more clear.
Example:
I'm going to the place where I work best, i.e., the coffee shop.
[There is only one place that I am claiming is best for my work.
By using "i.e.", I am telling you I am about to specify it.]
e.g.
"E.g." means "for example" and comes from the Latin expression exempli gratia, "for the sake of an example," with the noun exemplum in the genitive to go with gratia in the ablative .
"E.g." is used in expressions similar to "including," when you are not intending to list everything that is being discussed.
Example:

At the places where I work best, e.g., Starbuck's, I have none of the distractions I have at home. [There are lots of coffee shops I like, but Starbuck's is the only international one, so it's the only "example" that would work.]
They are actually form by LATIN abbreviations!

I never realise it is and didn't bother to, I bet you guys too.
Okay, gotta go, I'm done with the buffering...

No comments: