Saturday, July 21, 2007

NDP



9th of August is Singapore's National day.
last time i always thought that National day is on 7th August, it's because my cousin's birthday falls on 8th of July, and subconsciously i know that National day falls on August. Thus, i came to a conclusion that National day is on 7th August, however i have corrected my mistake. It's on 9th of August.

Everyone around me was mentioning about how badly they want to go to Singapore's NDP- National Day Parade. Their urges urged me too. I felt like going to Singpaore's NDP too, which is most probably impossibles now. Still remember the last time i went to Singpaore's NDP was when I'm primary 5. I still remembered how much i looked forward for the goodie bag, because i can have a NEW BAG. But i also remembered how disappointed im when i saw the goodie bag, because i got a drum bag. For some special reason, i don't like drum bag, and reason because the logos of the sponsors are so big. In recent years, i saw the change in designing of goodie bag, like last year they designed a bag that you can change the flip of the sling bag to a non-logo side, and more, there's a transparent folder that you can put pictures or whatever in it. I feel that this year everyone has the urge to go to Singapore's NDP is because that Singapore's NDP is no longer held in Kallang stadium, it's a new start.... i think this year im going to watch the live telecast of Singapore's NDP.

Have your have this experience that while watching Singapore's NDP live telecast, you are not sure whether you should stand or not, while everyone in the programme is standing and singing/saying the National Anthem and Pledge. When im younger i used to stand in front of the television and sing the National Anthem and say the pledge with everyone in the programme. At that time i thought that I'm committing a crime if i don't sing with them. i bet my mother was laughing inside her while she saw my foolish act. As years goes, albeit i don't sing with the people solely because i know that i will be embarrassed if sing in front of the television and my mother, but still i will still mumble with them. As i grow older, i knew im foolish. I could remember my mother saying 'you never sing the National Anthem with them uh?' I bet she asked with sarcasm. SHE MUST BE WAITING FOR THE 'GOOD' SHOW. HAHA. However, don't you feel that not singing National Anthem is a deviant act. Don't moral teachers always say that you're not respecting the country if you don't sing National Anthem, but is that so?

No comments: